The Louvre - Paris

A business meeting in Paris provided me with the opportunity to visit the Louvre for a couple of hours while I waited for my train to Le Mans.  This gave another opportunity to test out the capabilities of the Fujifilm X100 I recently purchased and I came armed with a Manfrotto travel tripod to try some slow exposure photography.


 
My meeting was at the FIA in the Place de la Concorde, which is perfectly placed for a walk to the Louvre Museum, which was next on my list of various places to visit in Paris having been to the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Montmartre and Notre Dame on previous business trips.
 
The weather was very grey and overcast so I walked past the famous glass pyramid checking out the various options for when the lights came on after dusk.  While walking around I walked over to the Pont des Arts, a footbridge over the Seine leading towards the Institut de France.  With plenty of people walking over the bridge and admiring the view, this provided me with the first opportunity to try a slow exposure to blur the pedestrians.  I set the X100 on the tripod in the middle of the bridge and set the exposure for 1 second at f16.  The first results were encouraging.
 
The bridge also has thousands of padlocks that are attached to the railings and are inscribed with messages of love.  It is an amazing sight and very photogenic.
 

I then headed back to the Louvre and waited for the lights to come on in the glass pyramids.  Again I set the camera on the tripod and set the exposure to 30 seconds to blur the hundreds of tourist milling around in the square.
 
Afterwards I headed back to the Metro station in the Place de la Concorde, stopping to get some shots both of the obelisk and down in the Metro station itself. 

















-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter